MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA SALAD
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 0 mins
Nutrition per serving:
What you need :
• 2x 15oz. (425g) cans chickpeas, drained
• 1 lemon, juice only
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1tsp. paprika
• 2 tomatoes, finely diced
• ½ cucumber, finely diced
• 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
• 1/2 red onion, finely diced
• 1/2 cup (15g) fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup (15g) fresh mint, finely chopped
What do you need to do :
Place drained and rinsed chickpeas in a large bowl and combine with lemon juice, olive oil, and paprika. Cover, and transfer to the fridge to marinate while you dice the vegetables and herbs.
Add the diced vegetables and chopped herbs to the chickpeas, season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Add more lemon juice if required.
Serve on its own, with pita, or as a side with fish and meats. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.