Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Nutrition per serving:
What you need :
• 1 cup (225g) Jasmine rice, uncooked
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 4 tbsp. red Thai curry paste
• 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
• 1 cup (165g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 ½ cups (350ml) coconut milk, canned
• 1 cup (175g) canned jackfruit, chopped
• handful cilantro, chopped
• 1 lime, to garnish
What do you need to do :
Cook rice according to instructions on the packaging.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion in, frequently stirring for about 5-6 minutes until fragrant. Add the curry paste, stir and cook for another minute.
Add in the sweet potatoes, chickpeas and coconut milk to the skillet and stir to combine.
Allow the sauce to heat up until simmering. Let it continue to simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork. If the mixture gets too thick (or dry), you can add water to the pan, ¼ cup (60ml) at a time, up to ½ cup (120ml).
Lastly, add the jackfruit and cook for another 2-3 minutes until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve curry over rice with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.