CHICKEN, POTATO & VEG CURRY
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Nutrition per serving:
What you need :
• 1 lb. (450g) chicken fillets
• 2 lb. (900g) new potatoes, halved
• 2 tbsp. coconut oil
• 2 red onions, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 romaine lettuce heads, halved
• 4 tomatoes, quartered
• 2 tbsp. yellow Thai curry paste, or more to taste
• 13.5 f. oz. (400ml) can coconut milk
• 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
• 4 sprigs coriander, chopped
What do you need to do :
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and set aside. Wash the potatoes and cut in half. Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a deep frying pan or saucepan, over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic for around 2 minutes, then add the curry paste. Stir well and cook for another 2 mins, then add the new potatoes, tomatoes, coconut milk and stock.
Bring to boil and simmer everything for 15 minutes covered with a lid. Taste for flavour and add more curry paste if required. Now add the halved Romaine lettuce heads and for another 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in another frying pan, heat the remaining tbsp. of coconut oil and fry the chicken fillets until brown and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and cut into pieces.
Divide the curry and chicken between plates, and garnish with coriander to serve.