Vegan Chocolate Glaze Donut
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 14 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Nutrition per serving:
What you need :
For the dry ingredients:
● 1 cup all-purpose flour
● 1 teaspoon baking powder
● 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
● 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the wet ingredients:
● 2⁄3 cup non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond)
● 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
● 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
● 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
● 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
For the chocolate glaze:
● 1 cup powdered sugar
● 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
● 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond)
● 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What do you need to do :
- To make the donuts:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease a donut baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. Now add the wet
ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over
mix, lumps are totally cool.
4. Scoop the batter into a large ziplock bag and cut the corner off of the bag.
Alternatively, use a pastry bag. Pipe the batter into the donut pan, dividing it
evenly among the 6 donuts wells.
5. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes until the donuts have fluffed up and bottoms are
lightly browned. Take out of the oven and cool for 5 minutes then flip the
donuts over so the bottoms can steam off a bit and don't hold too much
To make the chocolate glaze:
1. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. If the glaze is a bit too thick
at 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk at a time to reach desired consistency.
2. Dip the donuts into the glaze half way up and carefully lift the donut back out
again. The frosting will set as it rests. If you have leftover glaze, use it to
drizzle over vegan ice cream, or dip fruit into it.