Prep: 5 mins
Servings: 9 servings
Nutrition per serving:
What you need :
● 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
● 6 oz (1 dry half pint) fresh raspberries
● 6 oz (1 dry half pint) fresh peach
● 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, from 1 lemon
● 3/4 cup sugar
What do you need to do :
- 1. Combine all of the berries in a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Spoon about 2/3 of the mixed berries into a medium saucepan; transfer the remaining berries to a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Add the lemon juice and sugar to the berries in the sauce pan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat and cook until the fruit is syrupy, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the hot berry mixture to a blender and purée until smooth. Set a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Pour the sauce into the strainer and use the back of a soup ladle and circular motions to force the sauce through the strainer and into the bowl. Discard the seeds that remain in the strainer. Refrigerate the berry sauce until cold or ready to serve.
4. Before serving, add the reserved berries to the sauce and stir to combine. If the sauce seems too thick, add a few tablespoons of water, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
5. Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The sauce can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.